The latest quarterly issue of NIH MedlinePlus magazine is now available online and in print.
TV host Leeza Gibbons talks about her experience as a caregiver for both her mother and her father. Gibbons shares how she overcame what she calls the common by-products of caregiving—“blame, shame, guilt, & resentment.”
In addition to covering caregiving, the issue also features—
- Black Eyed Peas’ Taboo—The Grammy Award-winning musician tells about his recent battle fighting testicular cancer. Also covered: more personalized ways to diagnose cancer.
- Traumatic Stress—New roads to recovery. NIH research looks for more individual treatment options.
- Developing a Universal Flu Vaccine—It’s more important than ever.
- 10 Promising NIH Research Advances—A path to hope.
- Are Pets Good for Your Health?—Learn what guinea pigs, fish, dogs, and horses have in common.
Through feature articles, personal stories, infographics, & more, NIH MedlinePlus helps explain how NIH turns “discovery into health.” This quarterly publication of NIH & the Friends of the National Library of Medicine gives readers news they can use.
Subscribe to NIH MedlinePlus. It’s free!