Table of Contents: 2017 NOVEMBER–DECEMBER No. 419
Medical Subject Heading Webinars: 2018 Highlights & PubMed Searching in January 2018. NLM Tech Bull. 2017 Nov-Dec;(419):b11.
Please join the National Library of Medicine (NLM) & National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Training Office for two events in January 2018, introducing you to 2018 MeSH and teaching you how to adjust to MeSH changes in your PubMed searches & alerts.
- NLM Webinar: 2018 MeSH Highlights
Join NLM staff for a highlight tour of the 2018 Medical Subject Headings (MeSH). A 20-minute presentation will feature:
- Change of contraindications from a subheading to a MeSH heading
- New publication types
- Updates to the terminology for isotopes and radioisotopes
- Additional terminology for viruses, smoking, & sugars
- Restructuring in the plant & animal terminology
Following the presentation, Indexing & MeSH experts will be available to answer your questions.
Date & time: Friday, January 5, 2018, 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST
To register: https://nnlm.gov/class/2018-mesh-highlights/8055
- NNLM Webinar: MeSH Changes & PubMed Searching
Every year, the Medical Subject Headings are updated. Join us for “MeSH Changes & PubMed Searching” to learn:
- How does this affect your PubMed searches?
- What happens when a term gets changed, or added, or removed; or moved to a different part of the MeSH hierarchy?
- How do you accommodate vocabulary changes over time in your comprehensive searches?
- How do you check your saved searches AND alerts?
This class incorporates content from the previous class Advanced PubMed: MeSH.
Date AND time: Friday, January 19, 2018, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
To register: https://nnlm.gov/class/mesh-changes-and-pubmed-searching/8043