Table of Contents: 2017 NOVEMBER–DECEMBER No. 419
Medical Subject Heading Webinars: 2018 Highlights & PubMed Searching in January 2018. NLM Tech Bull. 2017 Nov-Dec;(419):b11.
Please join the National Library of Medicine (NLM) & National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Training Office for two events in January 2018, introducing you to 2018 MeSH & teaching you how to adjust to MeSH changes in your PubMed searches & alerts.
- NLM Webinar: 2018 MeSH Highlights
Join NLM staff for a highlight tour of the 2018 Medical Subject Headings (MeSH). A 20-minute presentation will feature:
- Change of contraindications from a subheading to a MeSH heading
- New publication types
- Updates to the terminology for isotopes and radioisotopes
- Additional terminology for viruses, smoking, & sugars
- Restructuring in the plant & animal terminology
Following the presentation, Indexing & MeSH experts will be available to answer your questions.
Date & time: Friday, January 5, 2018, 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST
To register: https://nnlm.gov/class/2018-mesh-highlights/8055
- NNLM Webinar: MeSH Changes & PubMed Searching
Every year, the Medical Subject Headings are updated. Join us for “MeSH Changes and PubMed Searching” to learn:
- How does this affect your PubMed searches?
- What happens when a term gets changed, or added, or removed; or moved to a different part of the MeSH hierarchy?
- How do you accommodate vocabulary changes over time in your comprehensive searches?
- How do you check your saved searches AND alerts?
This class incorporates content from the previous class Advanced PubMed: MeSH.
Date & time: Friday, January 19, 2018, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
To register: https://nnlm.gov/class/mesh-changes-and-pubmed-searching/8043